To rewatch the webinar, play the video above. Please note the first 40 minutes is an open discussion between current and former Drivers. They discuss, why Drivers might hop from fleet to fleet, why they might stay with a particular fleet, and present ideas on how to fix Driver retention. The remaining time is an open Q & A where the 450 registrants were able ask questions directly to the Driver panel.
Of the top 10 issues cited by ATRI in a recent trucking industry survey, over 70% directly involve the driver. No surprise, then, that your drivers touch every single aspect of your business from customers, enforcement, dispatch, maintenance, safe, and finance to HR. At the same time, drivers are one of the hardest assets to recruit and retain. As companies try various forms of pay, routing, and benefits to recruit and retain quality drivers, we find that engagement and communication are really at the core.
In this live discussion, we asked experienced drivers about this topic to find out what they believe will bridge the communication gap, while also recognizing and rewarding the Driver’s importance inside a trucking operation.
● How instant feedback can help improve driver satisfaction
● Brand new ways you can connect/ engage your drivers
● How to solve for the recruiting versus retention dilemma
Presented by a panel of industry professionals including:
● Don Mitchell (Host), Senior Director of Marketing at Transflo
● Verlen Larsen, Solution Architect at Transflo – 10 years and 1,000,000+ miles as a professional Driver
● Debra Labree, President at Castle Transport – 15+ years and 1,500,000+ miles and going as a professional Driver
● Shawn Kitchen, Director of Operations at True Load Time – 16+ years as a professional Driver with 1,00,000+ miles and going